Friday, April 1, 2011

Focaccia and rugelach



Today wasn’t a successful baking day. Actually was BBD - Bad Baking day. No, it did not set me out of my right track!

And I must add.... not a very sucessful photography day as well!

First Foccacia. I have a wonderful recipe of olive and onions focaccia. This recipe is all about olives, onions and olive oil. The one that I baked today was all about flour. It taste like flour. We all eat of course... but it wasn’t yummy.

I’m not going to post the full recipe, just my flour mix, so I can remember what I did:

400 grams of banana flour
100 grams of amaranth flakes.

Second: Rugelach. I have to say that I really love this cookie. I had never had it. But now I´m a huge fan.

I couldn’t shape into crescent shape, like the pictures I saw. The dough was funny. Crumbly and wet at the same time. So all I could do was to roll it cut into circles and bake with the filling. I have no picture, I wanted crescent shape rugelach not the one I made.

The problem was……………as usual............ me ...............changing the recipe. I used ghee instead of butter and the Brazilian cream cheese is too soft. So, I’ll do it again (Of course!) but using a Brazilian recipe to start with and no changes. I promise!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment