Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cocoa not so muffin


I listen to this recipe on the radio.  The woman who was teaching it is a vegetarian and she likes to eat very healthfully.

The texture is more of a brownie than of a muffin. I liked very much. The recipe is very promising. At first I missed the sugar. The dates that I used weren’t sweet at all. But after eating a couple I got used and don’t miss it. But, the children who ate didn’t like. It’s a strong flavor. Maybe it’s an adult “muffin/brownie”. I’ll try with apricot. And without coconut, my own personal taste.

My recipe:

180 grams of dates pitted, soaked in water for 2 hours, then I drained and turn into a puree in the food processor

20 grams of white raisings. The original recipe says 50 grams and that’s what I’ll use next time. I decide to soak the raisings for one hour with the dates and drained and processed it as well. Not in the original recipe

+ or – 175 ml of milk. I used more but I did not measure it.

In a bowl mix together:
15 grams of organic cocoa (without sugar)
34 grams of grated dry coconut without sugar (the original recipe says 75 grams I´m glad I used less)
2 tablespoons of Ghee
100 grams of quinoa flour
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (my idea)
1 tablespoon of baking powder (I’ll use baking soda as she suggested)

Add the dates puree and Milk and mix together.

Then I just fill the paper cases up to ¾ of it and bake. And eat!!!!!!

Original recipe:
150 grams of dates pitted soaked in water (or coconut water) for 2 hours, drained and processed as a puree.
In a bowl mix together:
50 grams of black raisings
15 grams of organic cocoa without sugar
75 grams of dry grated coconut without sugar
2 tablespoons of ghee
100 grams of wheat flour
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
1 tablespoon of baking soda (or baking powder)
+ or - 175 ml of milk or the coconut water that you used to soak the dates
Add the dates puree. Form like balls and bake it on a muffin pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment